Do something different this Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is all about love, but this year spend it by loving the most important person in your life: You.
You can do it alone, with family, or with friends. Make it as big or little as you want! Here’s how I set up my party:
But, wait! Before I jump in I want to mention that I was sent all items shown were given to be by Oriental Trading in exchange for this post. Don’t get me wrong though, all opinions and wording are my own!
Pink, red, white, and black. Surprisingly enough there was not gold. Not sure what happened there, but I’ll be sure to add more next time. As mentioned above, I received all my products from Oriental Trading. I simply just searched throughout the Valentines section.
- Pom Poms. One of my favorite decorative pieces. They are so fun to hang or just have on the table.
- Striped Balloons. Oh so chic!
- Popcorn Boxes. I’m a sucker for cute things. Why not make everything oh so pretty?
- Inspirational Message. The message should be shown throughout the party as a reminder of what the day is all about.
- Cute Backdrop. If you decide to have friends for pictures!
- Mason Jars. Mason jars are my jam. You can even add glitter to the bottom of them to make it more fun.
- Candy, duh.
- Popcorn. Like the good kind. Seriously, that caramel kind is my favorite or movie theater butter. Give me all the butter!
- The Juuuuuice. It’s a must I sing that every time it comes up in conversation.
Have different activities in place that represent loving yourself. Things like being self aware, taking care of your skin, and simply having fun all play a part in self care.
- Letters. Write a letter to yourself, hide it, then open it up months or years later.
- Vision Board. Make a vision board.
- Face mask. Relax and pamper yourself.
- DIY lip scrub. Pinterest is your best friend when it comes to finding these recipes.
- Have Venting Session. Either vent to each other or write your frustrations down, place them in a balloon, and let them watch them fly away.
- Dance Party. Let loose and just have fun with your peeps or by yourself. Turn the music loud and dance away, no matter the dance move! This is the type of party where no one is bad at dancing.
At the end of the day, the whole point is to remind yourself that you must first love you. Spend the day alone or with a ton of people, but make sure the day is all about self care. Become self aware, get emotional, open up, relax, and have fun!
Treat Yo’Self Honey