Disclaimer: I am more so writing this as motivation for me to get off my butt and get to it. I figured if I put it out to the world, it is a way for me to hold myself to it. Also would love to connect with anyone who is in the same boat or is a pro and has any tips to share!
Laziness fuels more laziness. Activity fuels more activity.
Staying active keeps me healthy, energized, and stress free.
Awhile back, when I first went on this journey I pretty much lived in the gym. After some time, I fell off and would sporadically go back. Once I got pregnant, I completely stopped (minus the little bit go prenatal yoga I did). My daughter is now three months old and I have yet to get back to working out.
—> Time to whip myself back in shape because in all honesty, when you look good, you feel good.
Let’s get one thing straight before I jump in. I loved seeing my body grow and watching the changes it went through. The female body really is neat with all of the things that happen inside of it! I literally watched another human grow inside of me and come out of me. To this day, I am still amazed. During my pregnancy, I absolutely loved my body. Of course my belly was my favorite part. Afterwards, I was not expecting what I saw. For some reason, I thought my body would instantly bounce back. Boy was I wrong. I wouldn’t say I hate my body now. In fact my daughter made me thick in all the right areas (laugh out loud). My goal in getting back to working out is mainly to get back in shape and toning up. With pregnancy and motherhood, comes being tired and I was totally letting that overtake taking care of myself. No more laziness for this momma!
Now that I am a stay at home mom and don’t have a gym,
I take advantage of working out at home.
- Walking/ Running
- Benches: scissor legs, lunges, and box jumps
- Running bleachers (I just so happen to have a field in my neighborhood)
- Squats, jumping jacks, burpees, and crunches
- Planks and wall sits
- Watching YouTube videos of different workouts to follow, like Zumba.
- Scrolling through Pinterest to find work outs and tips!
If you hate working out, but want to get fit, in shape, and motivated
- Normally I hate exercising, but I do love being active. I try to partake in action such as swimming, hiking, and things of that nature that give me a workout but are also fun.
- I remember how I feel after each work out. Stress free, refreshed, and all around amazing! I have to focus on this during those tough workouts. Always keep the end goal in mind.
- Bringing work outs into my everyday routine has been so helpful. One thing I do is squats while I’m in the shower and every night before bed. I set a goal to do so many a day.
- Walking as much as possible. I started walking everyday and it has helped with getting me back in shape. I take the stairs or walk to my destination instead of taking the easy routes like the elevator. Also, walking in enjoyable places such as downtown- make a fun trip out of it!
For those of you reading this that are either in the same boat as me or just need an extra little push…
14 Day Challenge
I always find my exercises on Pinterest.
For beginners by Skinners.com
Butt & Core from Buzzfeed.com
I encourage you to get creative in your workouts. Like I mentioned above, go out and do different things as long as you are up and active. Mini golf, game of basketball, beach trip, etc.
Try to even incorporate a diet challenge throughout this as well!
How I feel after it is all said and done is fantastic. Working out brings me more energy, makes me stress free, and has me feeling good about myself.
Physical wellness is more than working out. It is also eating right.
You are what you eat.
Seriously. I eat horribly. Like fast food every meal, horrible. What I notice after time is that my attitude changes. The food I put into my body affects my health and my mindset. When I was eating right, I noticed a complete change in how I felt. It was refreshing, clear skin, and just “ahhhh.”
Again, it is time to get this momma back right!
- Cleanse. I like to start with a juice/smoothie cleanse to get all of the nasty junk out of my body and start afresh. This is something that takes research to make sure I am doing it affectively. In no means am I trying to starve myself (not that, that is even possible for my hungry self), but I do want to get rid of all the toxins in my body.
- This time around I am changing my whole diet, for good. I want to teach my daughter how to eat right by eating right myself! Incorporating organic foods in my meals is now one of my practices.
- Eating vegetables and fruits like it is nobodies business. Fruits, veggies, and a gallon of water a day is my go to!
- Cooking. I have started BluApron because I never cook. BluApron really has me feeling like a chef. All the meals taste wonderful and are a lot better for me than going to Arby’s everyday (yes, I do that).
For starting off with organic food, I began with Pure Growth Organic . This company focuses on organic eating throughout the whole family. I love everything they stand for so I just had to give it a shot!
This box was filled with so many different snacks. Who ever knew you could find healthy snacks?! There’s popcorn, animal crackers, veggie chips, biscuit bites- your mix of sweet and salty for sure.
Here is me opening up the box for the first time. I also talk about other changes to my lifestyle I am making.
You can find Pure Growth Organic products at your local Walmart stores!
Eating well is a form of self respect.