So it is really happening. I really put myself out here on a whim of faith not only in God, but in myself. I have always preached to people that they should follow their hearts desires and live their passions all while I was sitting up, working a job I hated. How can I preach on something I am not doing myself? (and lets be real, we have all done it before)
Here’s to no longer talking about it, but being about it.
I mean now is pretty much the perfect time to make my blog come to life because I have my 8 week old daughter I get to stay at home with. To own my own business, have a blog/vlog, and stay at home with my baby girl were my three dreams. Slowly, but surely they are coming true. What I have learned is that when it comes to pursuing my passions, what I put into it is exactly what I will get out of it. How can I expect great things to happen if I am doing the bare minimum? The more I do, the less I wait. Here is what has helped me get my stuff together so far (I am still learning everyday):
- Finding motivation= my daughter
- Making a habit of accomplishing at least one thing in particular, everyday
- Buying a large calendar for my room and small one for my purse to plan things out and set goals
- Setting reminders on my phone
- De-cluttering (Clean room, clean space, clean mind)
- Getting involved= meeting people in my niche, reaching out to friends family and other business owners
- Staying inspired= getting involved helps a lot with this because when I am around or in contact with people in my niche, they share their stories and their tips. It is constantly on my mind because I stay involved. Also, when reaching out to family and friends I then make sales which definitely inspiring because it shows me that I can do this.
- Taking advantage of how big social media is now= joining Facebook groups (yay for free marketing and classes)
I told myself I was no longer going to make excuses.
If I procrastinate or never push myself out of my comfort zone then there is no one else to blame but myself. It all goes back to, what I put into this is exactly what I will get out of it. Wondering what ‘this’ is… well not only have I started blogging but I also sell different products. Direct sales has been so amazing for me. Growing up, I always thought of owning a business- starting one can be very expensive though. The reason I wanted my own business was because I am infatuated with coming up with new ideas. I love buildings things from start up and having my own creative style. Since it is expensive to start a business, I decided to try out direct sales. I mean why not? It’s a low cost all while being able to still express myself creatively from the way I run my Facebook page and the kind of sales I run to how I decorate my business cards and graphics.
I will be 100% real with you in saying that it is not easy.
I really did imagine that I would jump right into this and reap great rewards, but success does not just happen over night. There are days, weeks, and even months that are slow for me but I have to be reminded of my end goal (reason why it is important to stay motivated). Also, I have to reevaluate what I am doing every so often- am I mixing things up or doing the same ole things? I have to continuously stay motivated and inspired. Of course, I give myself breaks but for the most part I am working my booty off. I am no longer working for just myself, but I have the most beautiful little girl who is going to look up to me and I want to show her that she really can do anything she puts her mind too. I just have to make it happen- it is all up to me! Seriously though, celebs started somewhere- think about it. There really is no excuse.
I know I just started my blog, but I am serious about making this happen!