Here I am, writing this post with one hand and my two month old daughter asleep in my arms. When I want something, I go for it. Because motherhood isn’t just about taking care of children, but also chasing our dreams!
My tips to you…
Ask yourself why you started in the first place (is it for someone, simply because you love doing it, to pay bills, etc)
Keep your spaces from your home to your car organized with boxes and labels. Get rid of what you do not need and find a proper space for what you do need.
Keep a planner for events, goals, and plans. Set an alarm for when things need to be done.
Have moments of you time, alone. Journal, go for a walk, but just simply be. Your mind, body, and soul need some lovin’
With a baby, this is a lot easier said than done.
Doing these things keeps you on track as best as possible. The more you try to stay on top of it, the better. Once you let one thing go, it gets easier to eventually let them all go. So, if you start seeing yourself slack- pick yourself right back up!
Having a baby is unpredictable- you never know when they will cry, they eat and poop often, and depend solely on us.
Not only that, but you want to cherish each moment with your baby. This is where time management and multi-tasking come in handy. I realize that as much as I just want to sit and stare at my daughter all day, I also have to make money. The money I make to pays bills, feeds her, and clothes her. Often times I will be typing and holding her (like I am doing now), singing her songs while planning things out in my planner, and making her bottle while on a phone call.
Motherhood is the biggest and best superpower of them all.
I never knew I could do so many things at once until motherhood bestowed me. You can work while being with baby, but like I said earlier this is where time management comes in too. As much as working with baby is great, be sure to set a time up where it is just you and baby, no distractions. This is more than likely your why so never lose sight of that. You should also set a time where it is just you. In your zone. Conquering entrepreneurship.
My schedule looks a little something like this…. (take in to fact that I feed and change Riley bugs diaper every two hours)
*Disclaimer: This is being typed up while my daughter is two months old*
- 8:30pm (starting with night-time as this is my favorite time to work and the longest time baby sleeps)
- Feed baby girl, clean her up, swaddle and put her into her crib by 9:30/10pm
- 10:00pm- 12:30am
- Work on blog
- Feed then nap for an hour (have to get my morning cuddles in)
- Check e-mail, blog, and engage on social media all while catching up on my current Netflix series
- Go over the days plan of what I want to accomplish (try to have 3 things a day)
- Make social media post
- Depending on what time my boyfriend goes to work, I do this until seeing him off
- This time is for running errands if need be, going to appointments if any, and just laying in bed with Riley (if she is sleeping I sometimes watch her because it is the most precious thing ever or lay her down so I can work till she wakes)
- Record and edit YouTube videos
- Review and add to planner
- Photoshoot if one is planned
- Sundays and Mondays are my work days to strictly work and attend events, as these are my boyfriends off days. While the rest of the week is a complete balance of mommy life and boss life.
I shoot for this schedule, but let’s be real- things happen and that is ok. I have found myself getting frustrated, but I realize that I have to appreciate the progress I do make and I am a mommy- mommy duties always come first. When I do lose balance or things get all out of whack, I have my schedule and a planner full of goals to refer to, in order to get back to where I was. On my wall I keep a whiteboard and a large calendar so they are always in my view. They are the first things I see when I walk in my room (besides my insanely comfortable bed hehe) so I am steadily reminded of my plans. On my whiteboard hangs pictures of Riley’s ultrasounds from when she was in my belly to keep me focused on my why.
Motherhood is the best hood.
I run off coffee and Jesus.
So if you are like me, then you like to get dolled up too (Hot momma + beautiful daughter, holla)
I chose this outfit to share because it is one of those outfits that are easy to throw on, comfortable, and also super cute- very simple and casual. This is great for the grocery store, target, downtown, lunch date- overall errands with a sprinkle of fun.
These leggings are extremely soft, making them even easier to slip on! The pattern is just wonderful because I love earthy, golden tones plus as soon as I saw them I knew exactly what I was going to wear with them!
Leggings: Diana Michelle Boutique
Rain coat & Top: Forever 21
Photos: Snap Therapy