You guuuyyyyys. I’m going to my very first blogger conference!
Hosted by HerCampus July 21st + 22nd
Three months into my blogging journey and I had the pleasure of attending New York Fashion Week and now a year into my blogging career I am attending a blogger conference. I cannot keep calm.
Why should bloggers attend conferences?
Meeting other bloggers is great for many reasons.
- Network. Networking, in my opinion, is necessary in any business. If you’re a full-time blogger or want to be then your blog should be treated as a business. Network with bloggers in your area face to face and bloggers that aren’t so close by through social media and conferences.
- Collaborate. Collaboration is an amazing tool to help you and someone else. It’s teaming up to create content together. When you attend a conference, look for other bloggers in your niche so you two or even five can come up with ways to work together. Think outside the box!
- Have fun. Most importantly, meeting other bloggers is fun. Think of them as your coworkers. They understand the field and can be there as a friend when you need to vent or even just to get the perfect IG picture. They get it.
Now what are you waiting for? Get your #HerConference tickets now.
Soooo, how was it?
I’ll let you know when I get back!
—– August 6th, 2018. I am clearly back from my conference and I don’t even know where to begin.
I absolutely loved HerConference! From the moment I stepped foot inside. I remember leaving feeling so refreshed and pumped for my future. I didn’t want to leave the fun behind, but I knew I would be going into some serious shifting. I went into the conference seeking inspiration and that’s exactly what I got. Since being back I’ve worked on my blog like nobodies business. I am back in the game… and better!
How things went down…
- We walked in, grabbed our badges then headed upstairs. Walking into the room was magical. We received large goodie bags inside of a huge room filled with food. With a goodie bag in hand, speakers playing Kiki do you love me, and tables set up with all the food you can think of… this conference was off to a great start.
- After breakfast we took the elevator to a different level. This level was where everything went down- the shopping, beauty stations, and learning. And before my eyes, HerConference became even more magical.
Before I jump into all the shopping and beauty stations I want to talk about what we learned. This conference was filled with so many fun activities while giving us the opportunity to grow our personal lives and businesses too. There were difference classrooms set up with classes that we could pick and choose from.
There were a ton, but these are the ones I personally went to.
- Be Your Own Boss: Young Entrepreneurs Share How You Can Make It Happen
- Reclaiming Kindness: How Women Can Redefine What A Strong Leader Looks Like
- Side Hustle Life: How To Pursue Your Passions In Your Spare Time
Again there were more, but I only went to the conference on the first day. It was a total of two days, Saturday and Sunday. I met so many wonderful ladies ugh I still dream about the conference it was spectacular.
HerCampus had a cute pop up filled with items from the shop. Books, tshirts, and other fun things that you can find here.
Mmm mmm mmm, y’all. There was beauty everywhere. A nail station to get your nails done. Almay booth to check out the new products and grab a monogrammed bag. An Ultra bar to get your make up and/or hair done. Then after the beauty stations, you can head to the photo booth, printing station, and/or photo ops. Yes, so many ways to get dolled and document it. Ah, my heart was so happy.
Will I go again?
Abso-freaking-lutely. It was fabulous all around. From taking pictures at the IG selfie stations, hearing messages from inspiring celebrities, networking with ladies from all over the world, learning how to grow my band, getting dolled up, and so much more my time at HerConference was unforgettable!