Wow, it’s officially the last week of the DOC Band and I could not be more excited. We will go to our appointment in a couple of days for them to take images then say goodbye.
What I liked:
- It really did help shape Riley Blake’s head. I can totally see a difference!
- Designing the band was fun and it was even better receiving compliments. Legit everywhere we went, we got compliments on it. Many thought it was a headband! Some even thought the band came designed the way it was, but nope momma did it. Baby girl will always be stylish.
What I didn’t like:
- It irritated her skin. Her scalp was so dry. I did put product in her hair, but she couldn’t have it on their while wearing the band so I was only putting it on during the hour break. There was even an area that scabbed over from being so dry.
- There were times Riley Blake would try to take the band off. She was just as sick of it as I was. I would take off more than I was supposed too just because I hate seeing her miserable.
- The smell is breathtaking (lol) from all the sweat build up.
- It was hard kissing her. The band just kind of got in the way.
I was upset at first, got over it, then just completely ready to have it off. I was only upset at first because the band was a whole new concept for me. After receiving it, it really wasn’t that bad. After about the first 4-6 weeks I was ready to start styling my Rileys hair again and have her be free.