It’s Fall Y’all
I say it every year. Why stop now?
Today my family and I went to our daughters very first pumpkin patch at Graver Farm in Mount Airy, Maryland. It was filled with lots of laughter. The atmosphere was amazing with all of the other families and activities that surrounded us. Well, it really got me thinking. Times like these are so special, especially now that I have a child. I want to do as much as possible with her. She may not know what is going on, but being in the moment of these activities with her are very sweet. There will also be a ton of pictures she can look back on when she gets older. My goal is to do something Fall related everyday this month.
So, I came up with a list of 31 things to do.
- Go to a Pumpkin Patch
- Attend a Fall Festival
- Hit up your local October Fest
- Visit a Sunflower Farm
- Bake Fall treats- apple pie, candy apples, pumpkin break
- Mix up some Fall drinks- caramel smoothie, apple cider
- Watch Halloween Movies- Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown, Casper
- Have a pumpkin carving contest
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Go apple picking
- Go camping…even if it’s in your backyard
- Sit by the fire in the house with hot cocoa or outside for s’mores
- Have a picnic at your nearest park
- Pick out Halloween costumes
- Watch or go to a football game
- Make a fall themed gift basket and give to a neighbor or friend
- Make DIY fall decor- wreath, mason jars
- Get into crafts with coloring and painting on printables or pumpkins
- Make a list of things you are thankful for and hang up on the fridge
- Have a game night with fall candles lit
- Learn the history of Thanksgiving
- Take Fall photos
- Visit a corn maze
- Go hiking or for a foggy, morning walk
- Go outside and play in the leaves
- Enjoy a kiss in the rain
- Have a pumpkin bath with toys for baby and bath bombs for parents
- Wear fall pajamas and stay in them all day (my fave)
- Update your wardrobe for the new season
- Host a party- Halloween, Fall gathering, or chili cook-off
- Stuff a scarecrow!
Enjoy the season.
Throughout each activity and each day, enjoy it. Spend this season finding more joy and less sadness. Take time to be appreciative. Try to not only enhance your family’s bond, but the bond you have with yourself.
To watch live updates on how I am spending each day, follow my Instagram story here.